The Mindanao Freshwater Fisheries Technology Center (MMFTC) is located within the compound of the University of Southern Mindanao (USM), Kabacan, Cotabato. The lot area is around 10 hectares. It was established in 1984 as a freshwater demonstration fish farm by the BFAR.
The FBSC has the following functions:
- Develop and demonstrate improved and sustainable aquaculture technologies on freshwater;
- Produce quality fry and fingerlings of freshwater species to cater to the needs of the region;
- Provide technical assistance and advisory services on freshwater aquaculture;
- Undertake fisheries and environmental researches related to aquaculture;
- Provide training venue on aquaculture and other fisheries-related human resources development