|FAO No. 1, s. 1947||Organization and Functions of the Bureau of Fisheries|
|FAO No. 1, s. 1965||Organization of the Philippine Fisheries Commission.|
|FAO No. 1-1, s. 1968||Amending Section 5 subsection 19, column no. 6, FAO No. 1, by establishing a new substation at Calbayog City.|
|FAO No. 2, s. 1933||Deepsea or offshore fishing and regulations.|
|FAO No. 2-1, s. 1934||Amending Sections 20 and 25 of FGAO No. 2 re: Collection and accounting of fees.|
|FAO No. 2-2, s. 1935||Amendment to Deepsea or Offshore Fishing Regulations.|
|FAO No. 2-3, s. 1939||Amending Section 6 of FGAO No. 2, as amended by FGAO No. 2, as amended by FGAO No. 2-2 by inserting a new proviso.|
|FAO No. 2-4, s. 1939||Suspending the effects of FGAO No. 2, dated Jan. 27, 1939, re: licenses on operation of boats.|
|FAO No. 2-5, s. 1939||Amending Section 24 of FGAO No. 2, re: amount of cash bond.|
|FAO No. 2-6, s. 1939||Amending Section 21 of FGAO No. 2, re: amount of license fee.|
|JAO No. 01 Series of 2015||Establishment of a Closed Season for the Management of Galunggong (roundscad; Decapterus spp.) in Northern Palawan|
DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE AND NATURAL RESOURCES
BUREAU OF FISHERIES
August 23, 1940
FISHERIES ADMINISTRATIVE )
ORDER NO. 18 )
SUBJECT: Establishing a closed season of five (5) years in the San Miguel Islands, comprising the Manuc-manucan, Banosuan and Bancoran Islets.
Pursuant to the provisions of Section 79 (b) of the Revised Administrative Code, and of Sections 4, 7, 8, 5, 10 and 55 of Act No. 4003, entitled "AN ACT TO AMEND AND COMPILE THE LAWS RELATING TO FISH AND OTHER AQUATIC RESOURCES OF THE PHILIPPINE ISLANDS AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES," as amended, and for the protection and conservation of turtles in the San Miguel Islands comprising the Manuc-manucan, Banosuan and Bancoran Islets in the Sulu Sea, the following rules and regulations are hereby promulgated for the information and guidance of all concerned:
1. Five years closed season. - There is hereby established a closed season of five years from the date this administrative order takes effect during which period the taking, gathering, catching and the possession of turtles and/or their eggs from any islet and all waters in and around the San Miguel Islands comprising the Manuc-manucan, Banosuan and Bancoran Islets, at a distance of three (3) nautical miles from any point on the shores of said islets, are prohibited.
2. Prohibition. - It shall also be unlawful at all times during the closed season for any person association or corporation:
(a) To disturb or drive away from the areas described in the preceding section or in any manner take, kill, or catch or cause to be killed, caught, or taken from these waters, purchase, sell, offer or expose for sale, any turtle taken therefrom, dead or alive, or have in possession any part of the same, except as provided in Section 3 of this administrative order.
(b) To take from the same areas described in the preceding section, purchase, sell, offer or expose for sale turtle eggs, or have the same in possession except as provided in Section 3 of this Administrative Order.
3. Exemptions. -
(a) For scientific educational, or propagation purposes, any persons association, institution or corporation of good repute may be granted by the Secretary of Agriculture and Commerce, free of charge, a permit to catch or take or cause to be caught or take, turtle and/or their eggs otherwise prohibited in this administrative order, subject to such conditions as the said Secretary of Agriculture and Commerce may deem wise to impose for the proper conservation of the same.
(b) Any person who shall catch or take, or cause to be caught or taken, turtles and/or their eggs under these permits but uses the same for purposes other than those mentioned hereinabove shall be subject to the same penalties as if no permit had been granted.
4. Enforcement. -. For the purpose of enforcing the provisions of this administrative order and of such regulations relating to fisheries as may hereafter be promulgated, fish wardens, fishery inspectors, agents or officers, members of municipal and municipal district police, members of the secret service force, inspectors, guards, wharfingers of the Customs Service: Internal Revenue Officers and agents; officers of the coast guard cutters and lighthouse keepers; and such other competent officials employees or person as may be designated in writing by the Secretary of Agriculture and Commerce, are hereby made deputies of said Department Head and empowered to:
(a) Arrest any person found committing or attempting to commit an offense against the provisions of Act. No. 4003. as amended, and of this administrative order;
(b) seize, when deemed necessary for evidence or for such purposes and the Secretary of Agriculture and Commerce or his duly authorized representative may consider advisable, any fishing gear or apparatus used or which may be used to catch, kill, or take turtles and/or their eggs, taken or found in possession of any part of the same and;
(c) to administer oaths and take testimony in any matter under the authority of the "Fisheries Act" and of this Administrative Order: and
(d) file the necessary complaints in Court and report such violations to the Secretary of Agriculture and Commerce for appropriate action. (Sec. 5. Act No. 4003, as amended)
5. Penalty. - Any violation of the provisions of this Administrative Order shall subject the offender to prosecution and. upon conviction, he shall suffer the penalty provided in Section 83 of Act No. 4003 which is a fine of not more than two hundred pesos, or imprisonment for not more than six months, or both, in the discretion of the Court.
6. Repealing provision. - All administrative orders and regulations or parts thereof inconsistent with the provisions of this administrative order are hereby revoked.
7. Effectivity. - This administrative order shall take effect on January 1,1941.
BENIGNO S. AQUINO
Secretary of Agriculture and Commerce
MANUEL L. QUEZON
President of the Philippines