Take your best shot! Join now!
2020 National Farmer’s and Fisherfolk Month and 122nd Anniversary Celebration of the Department of Agriculture
PHOTO CONTEST MECHANICS
Entries must strictly adhere to the theme, "Pagpupugay sa Magsasaka at Mangingisda Natin, Tungo sa Sapat na Pagkain". Photo should feature FISHERFOLK in everyday life; it can be in aquaculture, capture, post- harvest, and other related activities. It must be able to capture the essence of the theme.
Who may join the contest?
Open to all interested individuals except to professional photographers, BFAR employees and their relatives up to 4th degree of affinity or consanguinity. Participants must be a resident of Central Luzon.
When is the deadline of submission of entries?
Entries will be accepted from May 26 until 12 noon of May 29, 2020. The winners will be announced on June 1, 2020 and will be posted on the BFAR Central Luzon FB account.
How to join the contest:
1. Each participant is allowed to submit one entry only, sent to BFAR 3 email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Entry must be in full color, black and white or sepia with a corresponding “photo title” and “photo caption”. The caption must indicate the place where the image was taken, and must have an accurate description of what the photo is about. PHOTOS MUST BE RECENT (current year) AND SHOT IN CENTRAL LUZON.
3. The entrant/photographer is responsible for securing permission from the subject or, in case of a minor, from the subject’s parent or guardian.
4. Photos should be in JPG format, at least 22.222 inches in size, at least 72 dpi in resolution, and at least 1,600 pixels on the longer side. Image should be in landscape; must be original, authentic, unpublished, taken or created by the entrant, the sole property and work of the entrant, and not previously submitted in any other contest. The only acceptable manipulations that can be made on the image are correction of red-eye, cropping, and straightening. No added text, color manipulations, or photoshopped submissions.
5. By joining the contest, the entrant is considered to have granted the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources permission or license to use of the photo in promotional publications, marketing collateral and other media, without compensation.
Criteria for Judging:
Screening shall be done at the BFAR Regional Office 3 by a selected panel of judges.
1. Adherence/Appropriateness to theme (how well the photo interprets the theme) - 35%
2. Creativity and Originality (how the photographer showed creative thoughts in a unique and interesting way) - 25%
3. Composition (the use of elements of photography) - 20%
4. Visual Impact (whether the photo was able to grab and hold the viewers’ attention) - 20%
1st place - Ᵽ 3,000
2nd place - Ᵽ 2,000
3rd place - Ᵽ 1,000
For inquiries, you may contact:
(045) 455-0878 / 455-0824 or +63 917-596-7324