- Produce quality fish broodstocks, seeds and fingerlings
- Promote production-intensifying but cost-reducing technologies within ecological limits.
- Improve the production-marketing systems to become more efficient and effective.
- Empower LGUs to assume primary responsibility for food security and resource management within their respective areas.
- Provide technical support for LGUs to help them attain the target yield.
- Develop complementation and counter-parting schemes with LGUs.
- Conserve and protect the country's fisheries and aquatic resources
- Focus national government support on strategic areas.
- Increase in public investment particularly on post-harvest facilities.
- Availment of trade and fiscal incentives by the private sector.
- Promote fisherfolk organizations.
- Tap the expertise of Private/SUCs in accessing appropriate technologies, providing a forum for research-extension linkages, and
- Assisting in the evaluation of programs.